August 2, 2009

camping!

So we went camping.... yes~ even me. I even slept in a tent! Not my favorite thing to do. But we all had a good time!

Brad was going to just take Kacey and Cambree, and meet my parents in the mountains... but the day before, I decided I would go, too.

For one,
I knew Hunter would LOVE running around exploring and getting dirty. I also knew I could use some fresh air, cooler temps, and relaxation... It was a great trip, and I even survived sleeping in the tent. :)

and Hunter did have a great time being a boy, running around banging things with sticks.


The kids had fun sitting by the fire and roasting marshmallows.




My brother Dave also came up with his 4 girls. All of our girls got along well and had a great time playing together. Here is David with two of his girls.

Cousins Tenley and Hailey



The kids had a blast playing, riding quads, taking small hikes and sitting by the campfire. Ally was a trooper, since she couldn't run around like she wanted to. But she had a great time playing with her cousins.

Fun with daddy

...and Grandma and Grandpa!!

Hunter would go running with both arms outstretched anytime he saw someone get on the quad. he loved it.

and all by myself!!


My brother David and 2 of his girls, Tenley and Hailey.

This is what camping is all about if you are a little boy. Yes, he CAN walk, but why?? If there is dirt to plow through? "the bulldozer"

We found fresh raspberries.... mmmmm!

What could be better than sleeping in a hammock with daddy?

having a blast.........

Brad and I went on a couple quad rides together, and ended up on some beautiful places like these....


Potato Lake... it's small but serene and peaceful.... and green!

10 comments:

Brandi said...

Camping is always a fun family event. Glad you decided to go and have fun.

Kristin said...

Looks like you all had a great time! I am proud that you slept in the tent. :) Does that mean you won't stay at a hotel with me next time? I may have to follow your example and give in one of these days...

Kristi said...

What a great time! I love the scenery pictures. The mountains are so beautiful!

Carroll Family said...

Looks so fun! You'll have to let me know where you were!

Jen B. said...

So happy you went and stayed in a tent instead of a hotel. Looks like a fun time.
Like the picture of the road with the sun rays coming through the trees. Fun times are always had at camping time.

Kari said...

Cute picture of the family on top!! Hope all is going well.
Kari

Liz said...

What a beautiful spot!
I'll have to ask you where you guys went, Ben and I have been wanting to to take the kids camping too. Your pics make me want to do it even more.
And my is Hunter getting soo big.

Shauna said...

Beautiful picture with the sun streaming through the trees! Glad you enjoyed yourself! Kudos to you for sleeping in a tent! :)

Kristen said...

Where were you? It's gorgeous there!

Me and my boys said...

I love the serene peaceful picture, looked like fun, I am sad we missed it, darn work schedule!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails