May 31, 2009

Beautiful San Diego

Warning!! Lots (and lots) of pictures!

We were able to get away to San Diego last week, and we had such a good time. It was cloudy and cold, and I didn't get to see a sunset while we were there, but it was still refreshing and beautiful there. Just knowing we were escaping the 100' heat made it all worth it.

I absolutely LOVE the smell of seaweed and salt water. I love the sounds of the waves crashing, I love to sit and watch the waves. For me, definitely theraputic.


this is a BOY in HEAVEN!!!

gotta love baby feet.

ready to go out with dad and ride a wave! Yeah!!!

making castles is what the beach is all about for a kid.




We love going down to the Lo Jolla area and enjoying the beautiful coast there. It was pretty cold while we were there. (Mid 60's.)

My kids loved seeing the chipmunks running all over the coastal bluffs.

I just loved the beautiful sights, sounds and smells.



we saw dolphins, seals ..... and snorkelers.


I found Patrick the Starfish at Seal beach...

and Mr. Krabs, too. =)

Another place we had to stop and see was the temple.
I absolutely love the San Diego Temple! It is so beautiful.







A sweet sister missionary showed the girls some pictures of inside the temple.


We went to Belmont Park at Mission Beach. Brad, Ally and I rode The Giant Dipper, and Kacey and Cambree were sad that they weren't big enough, but they had fun on a couple other rides.


like this picture... hehehe




Another place we love to visit is Coronado Island. Love that place.



After visiting the Hotel Del Coronado, we stopped at a beautiful park. It had a children's playground, lots of green grass and beautiful trees, even a clarinet player... It was a very peaceful serene place to get out, let the kids run around, and enjoy the amazing weather.

(enough pictures already, mom!!!!)



Apparently, Hunter knows Yoga.

He was cracking up on the swings.


I also LOVE Oceanside and walking on the pier there. This time was a little cold and rainy, though. But we still loved being there. I enjoy watching the surfers catching those waves.We had dinner at Ruby's at the end of the pier. What a great view!



What could be better than giggles before bedtime?

17 comments:

Katrina said...

Ooooooh - I am missing California!! I love all of your pictures!! Looks like you guys had a great trip!!

Kristi said...

California is great even when it's a little rainy! I love the pictures at the temple. They are beautiful!

Justin said...

Awesome pics Tina! We always try to hit those same spots when we make it out to San Diego. Looks like you had fun.
-Justin

nancy said...

Wow, looks like you guys had lots of fun. I'm with you on the ocean thing...very therapudic!

Kyle and Sarah said...

Ah...love the pics! Family time is wonderful!!

Shelly said...

Glad you guys had a great time in San Diego.... The pics. are nice makes me miss the beach!

Bob and Debbie said...

The picture of your kids at the temple is priceless!!!
I want to got to the beach now.
All alone with a few good books, and comfy chair and some sunscreen. I can dream right?

Tina ♥ said...

Oooh Debbie, THAT sounds wonderful!! Let's do it. Let's fly over for a day and bring a good book and no kids! Ahhh, thanks for the vision.

Shauna said...

So glad you got to escape the 100 degree weather for a few days! Your pictures are beautiful! Looks so fun to head to the beach.

Dan and Wendi Roberts said...

It looks like you guys had a great time on your vacation! Your pictures are great! My kids give me the same looks by the end of the day...."really mom, pictures in restaurants?".....YEP!

Kathy P said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the picture of the girls looking at the temple -- that is perfect!

Liz said...

I loved all your vacay pics but I adore that last one. It's frame worthy

Jen B. said...

What a fun time, to bad it wasn't warmer for ya. Your love of the beach is the way I feel about southern Utah. Love the red rock. Your pictures are so cute. We have the same starfish picture, they must be all over. haha Enjoy being back home

Brandi said...

California is always a fun place to go for a family vacation. Love the pictures!

Carroll Family said...

SO FUN!!!!!! We LOVE San Diego!!! I love La Jolla beach, too - we were pointing out the places we went on your pictures.

Martinez Family said...

How fun!! You got some great pictures!! We go to San Diego on Monday - for 5 days!! We can't wait!!! :)

Jennifer Wheeler said...

Awe....these are so adorable. You are quite the good little photographer and your kids are so photogenic. Loved 'em!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails