February 27, 2009

no peanuts please!

Kacey just finished her first baseball season. She came a long way! She started out not knowing which way to go, and now she's doing great! Next month she starts on an all girl team and older kids.




Hunter is almost 1, and he is just one happy kid!

....happy boy pretty much all the time!!

unless
... we find out that he is very allergic to peanut butter!

One day for lunch, I gave him a half sandwich, lightly spread with PB. He first started getting a rash on his chin, then his forehead, then his whole face. Before I knew it, his whole body was red and had hives. I was worried that his throat was affected.
So, I ended up taking him to the doctor, who gave him a couple prescriptions for something a little stronger than benadryl, and an oral steroid. Now I need to be careful in the future, they said the second time could be worse! Here are a couple pics of the poor kid!

but they don't really do justice.....
& his eyes were all sad and red.


8 comments:

Brandi said...

Your boy is way too cute. Scary about the PB. Good thing you found out about that. Poor boy!!

Unknown said...

I have that same outfit for my boys. Way cute! Allergies are no fun!

Shauna said...

I'm sorry to hear about Hunter! That is so scary. Kacey looks cute as a baseball player! :)

lady said...

My son has the peanut allergy and so does Autumns. Its a PAIN in the butt. Both of us have to carry the epi pen just in case....though both of ours arent SO BAD that they can't have things made in the same factory as peanuts (fishy crackers, etc). Be aware too....chick fil'a cooks their chicken in peanut oil.

Katrina said...

Poor Hunter! That is so scary! Casey is so cute in her baseball uniform!

Kyle and Sarah said...

Poor Hunter! Kacey makes a cute baseball player! Brody and Dave are excited to be starting with their baseball prectices this next week.

Kenise said...

CUTE Blog!! We will have to chat photoshop sometime--I love your title pic on your blog. Also, how do you list your people on your blog with how long ago they posted. I've noticed people doing it on their blog but have no idea on how to do it and I would really like to.
Hope everyone in your house is feeling better!!!

Mom's Library said...

He is looking like his daddy, isn't he? !!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails