So it was Saturday afternoon, and i had found time to take a nap. Kids were playing nicely and quietly. All is well 'til I am woken by the girls screaming. I get up and go see what all the noise is for.
I am then informed that Kacey caught a lizard and brought it in the house, and then dropped it and lost it!! It went behind the entertainment center. Great. I call Brad, and he comes, finds it, and grabs it. Whew, all is well. So, I think. He decided to sit on the couch and hold it for a minute. He should have gone OUTSIDE to do that.
So, all of a sudden the lizard gets spooked and jumps from his hands and runs up his shirt and on the couch and then runs BEHIND the couch. This is a big sectional that cannot just be pushed to look for the creepy little lizard. So they tried to find it, but it has taken shelter somewhere under the couch. We had to leave at this point, so we just left. it. there!! When we got home, we took the couch apart looking for the thing, and you guessed it. It's not there anymore .
So............... somewhere in my house there is a creepy little reptile roaming around!!!!!! Needless to say, I didn't sleep well last night, and dreamt of lizards. If you hear screaming, that means I found it.
12 comments:
THAT IS HILARIOUS!!
How funny. Brody loves catching lizards, too. He just knows better than bringing them in the house. Good luck finding the little thing.
And just think you found time to take pictures of all the chaos :)That is too funny of a story and I wouldn't be so happy either knowing there is a lizard in the house
Too funny! Asher found a lizard the other day and brought it inside to keep. He put it in a little container and the boys took turns catching bugs to feed it, yuk! Then he had pity on it and released it to it's natural habitat.
YUCK! Good luck with that one Tina! I wouldn't be able to relax until it was found either. Watching my every step and my every move....YIKES! But hey...Good luck with that! ;0) I hope you find it soon!
How funny! Remember lizards are good- they will eat the other bugs around! Nice thought huh- hope you find it soon. On Stapley we had lizards everywhere, I opened my medicine cabinet one morning to one looking at me! I am thinking you probably didn't get to go back to that nap.....
Just wait till Hunter is older, you might get more then lizzards in your home. How funny!
HAAAA HAAA HAAAA.
That is stinking Hilarious!!!
Funny! My dad has a great trick he tried with every lizard we came across- grab it by its tail and see if its tail will come off. Can you see a 70 year old man getting his kicks from taking off lizard tails? Yup, and I am related to him. Send the lizard my way, and I can reveal the secret (it's in the genes).
I sooo bad needed a laugh! Thank you for helping me find my smile today! Soooo funny. And of course quite freaky. Wouldn't like a creepy crawler in my home either.
I am impressed that Kacey even caught the lizard! They are pretty fast...and that is something I would expect more from a little boy (or maybe Brad), not your sweet Kacey! :)
I know there is a lizard somewhere in my house too. I saw him in my den, but it is so messy that I don't know if I will ever find it in there.
Post a Comment