September 22, 2008

tragedy



Our bunny has died. This morning I noticed our bunny's food hadn't been touched in a couple days, so I went looking for him. ...I Found him around the corner behind the AC unit.... not looking well.
I didn't tell the kids since they were about to go to school.... didn't want them sad all day. But later I told Cambree, and she took the news surprisingly well. No tears, just needed a moment of silence alone in her room, then she was fine.
So, after I pick up the kids from school, I tell them I have bad news. Before I can tell them in a sensitive way, Cambree blurts out, "Ya, our bunny died!!!" They both immediately started bawling. Sad day...for the kids. He was an outdoor bunny that hopped around our backyard and was extremely friendly, tame and gentle. We don't know how old he was, but I think he was just old. Now they want another bunny; we'll see. Rest in Peace, Thumper. (That was a name he came with, NOT one I chose!)

15 comments:

Blackham Family said...

OH, NO!!. I will have to give the bad news to Brody and Allie. They loved Thumper. I hope the girls are ok.

Liz said...

That's so sad, I hope your girls are doing well with the news. This opportunity, if thats what you want to call it, makes for a great family home evening lesson on the plan of salvation. Good luck and sorry for the sad news.

nancy said...

That's too bad. I had a rabbit once just like that and when it came time to replace we got one not quite so nice and I have never had a rabbit since!

Tricia said...

I got it...the lizard somehow must have gotten to Thumper. j/k Either way, how can you sleep at night knowing it could be in bed with you! So sorry about the bunny, my girls were also a little sad about it. Maybe you could make the lizard your new pet. :)

Martinez Family said...

So sorry to hear about your bunny!! We had a bunny when we were little & he actually ran away!! :( I agree with the last comment - how can you sleep at night knowing there is a reptile loose in your house!!?? Send your kids on a scavenger hunt to find it!! :)

amy said...

Sorry about Thumper, he'd been a member of your family for a while now. Hope your kids are handling it well. So another rabbit, huh?

Katrina said...

So sorry about your bunny! Tina, I love the cute quotes your kids have said that you have listed on your sidebar! Love the chef boy-ar-dee quote!

Kristin said...

Everybody at our house was sad to hear the news about Thumper. Since we don't have any animals, the kids like to enjoy their friends pets!

Brandi said...

Sorry about Thumper. Poor kids. I hate it when things like that happen kids take it the worst.

hansen family said...

OH'NO!!!! That's horrible =( I told my kids and Chloe was soooo sad! I'm sorry for you guys, that so sad that the girls were really upset. Sorry but I kinda laughed when you said that Cambree blurted it out to the girls.

Kristi said...

Sorry to hear about the passing of your little bunny! We have had some sad moments with dead fish and hermit crabs. Hope they're doing better today. Hang in there girls!

The Mann Family said...

Oh, how sad! The poor bunny...and your poor girls! I hope they are doing all right. That is soooo sad! At least you were the one to find him and not the girls.

Shauna said...

So sorry to hear that! My kids loved seeing your bunny when they went over. Ally said something about getting another one???

Jen B. said...

How sad. Your poor kids. Maybe Daddy and mommy will buy a new Thumper.
Did you find the lizard yet? You know it probably snuggled next to you while you wee sleeping.

salena said...

How sad! What a perfect little bunny, too!
I love your halloween layout!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails