August 19, 2008

something new!


Ally has been asking for a few years when she could start playing the violin. Our school district starts in 4th grade, and so it's finally the time! We went down and signed up and got her violin. She is super excited. She starts next week, an hour before school starts! So that means rushing around in the morning three days a week to get her there early, then coming back to make sure everyone else is ready... but she is sooo excited, and I am happy to give her the chance to try something new!!
I have always wanted to learn how, too; so I might just try to follow along with her lessons....


16 comments:

Brandi said...

I played the violin when I was young. I loved it. Good Luck Ally. It is really easy to learn..

amy said...

How exciting! She will love playing- although the screech of an violin is pretty annoying! I loved being in orchestra in elemen and jr high. Good luck to her (and you). Thanks for the lunch outing today. My Frozen Yogurt tastes even better in a house with kids sleeping!

nancy said...

i think that is awesome! ally will do great! i tried to get quincy to join the orchestra, but she wants to concentrate on piano. i was pretty impressed that she said that.

Shauna said...

How exciting! We'll have to hear her perform a song for us sometime!

Martinez Family said...

How fun! I actually played the violin in elementary, but only for a year! :( Wish I would have kept it up!! I love the B & W picture!! :)

Tricia said...

How exciting. A great instrument choice if I do say so myself. It is very important that Ali gets a decent shoulder rest. call me if you don't have one.
Tricia
by the way I am a terrible blog buddy right now, sorry

hansen family said...

Good job Ally, that's super cool!!! You'll have to put on a concert for us!!

Carrie said...

Is so doing orchestra at the high school? I almost put Monique in but it was too big of a commitment for me. I'm waiting to put her in band in 5th grade because they meet after school. I guess I'm just lazy!

Lori said...

Tina!
Yes! Please add me to your list! And I will add you! Your kids are adorable! As an older mom, I have to say ENJOY THEM WHILE THEY ARE LITTLE! They will grow so quickly! Good luck Ally!
Lori

Ana said...

How fun I remember playing the violin in 4th grade how fun~!! I like your cook pic ...of the violin color! does your camera do that or do you photo shop that?

Ana said...

not cook i meant COOL ....;0)

Tina ♥ said...

photoshop'd it....

Kristen said...

Oh how exciting! And how grown up! Can you believe that is YOUR baby? Just wait until she starts 6th...Jr High! AHHHHhhh!

Blackham Family said...

I sure hope she sticks with it. She could be very good. Tell her we wish her the best of luck.

hansen family said...

Hey Ally--- I'm a little late posting but, Good Luck with your music!!! You look sooo pretty playing your violin!! Love you guys!!!

Jennifer Wheeler said...

Hooray for Ally. Bryan thinks it should be mandatory for all of our children to play some type of instrument... their choice. I'm praying one of them will choose the violin. It's such a beautiful instrument. Good luck Ally!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails