August 29, 2008

monsoons

For those of you who used to live in Arizona, maybe you remember the monsoons. Well they finally hit! This was the biggest storm I can recall in GILBERT anyways, in the past few years. The coolest part was the lightning. The lightning was continuous.... non-stop for more than an hour! It was amazing!

There were heavy winds in downtown Phoenix, infact they said that that this was the closest thing we have ever gotten to a hurricane! I had to take Ally to a doctor appt. this morning where the storm hit hard, and I took a couple pictures. It was a disaster!! Luckily we didn't get those winds in Gilbert, just heavy rain, and the thunder was a constant rumble the whole time.



Here is just a sample of the lightning show that we enjoyed! Notice how it was non-stop!
Oh, and they say that the water falling from the sky is called. . rain. I vaguely remember it, but it sure smelled good and was so beautiful.

2 comments:

nancy said...

that was one of the coolest storms, ever!

Brandi said...

I sure do miss those storms. That was a cool video. Thanks for sharing..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails