So yesterday I was just hangin' out with my kids, and I suddenly started having some unusual and strong pains in my stomach. I wasn't sure what it was, but it hurt! So, someone came to stay with the girls, and a friend took me to the ER. I went to Labor and Delivery and was monitored for a few hours. I was having a lot of painful contractions, but at first I didn't know that's what they were. After all, it's still 10 days until my due date and I've not been known to go early.
So then they had me walk the halls for an hour. They ended up saying that it's not real labor, just lots of contractions every 4-6 minutes, but just not hard enough or consistently getting worse. So, after 4 hours I went home still having some contractions. Today I am feeling the after effects of all the contractions! But it was an interesting experience, and who knows when this kiddo will come!
5 comments:
There's nothing more disappointing than going to the hospital to hopefully have a baby and then get sent home. Hopefully that doesn't happen again!
Wow Tina! How unusual for you! This little guy might come early after all!! Anyway, I have the cradle ready for you...now I just need to drop it off. Hopefully in the next day or two.
Sorry you had a false alarm. i hate those. Hopefully he comes soon. Good luck
Those false alarms are so frustrating! I cant wait to see pics of your little boy!
How funny to read your experience with false labor, because I was actually popping in to see if you had had your baby yet. Well, we can't wait to your new baby boy. Hope everything goes well and early (:
Post a Comment