June 21, 2010

A break from reality!

Welcome!

IMG_2416

IMG_2490 IMG_2679

the first walk on the beach..

IMG_2442 IMG_2452

Not only is it beautiful to look at, it smells and sounds so heavenly.

I would sit here all day, if I could.

IMG_2444IMG_2432

IMG_2456IMG_2449

a scenic drive through a neighborhood I love...

IMG_2459

the beautiful pool with quite a view ---

IMG_2676

Hunter loved swimming, and was sad to get out.

IMG_2503 IMG_2506 IMG_2500

Balboa Island fun

IMG_2472 IMG_2474

Time to swim at the beach!!!!

My favorite part.

IMG_2508 IMG_2510

IMG_2544

If you look closely, you can see Brad under that wave out there!IMG_2520 IMG_2517 IMG_2521 IMG_2519

Kacey loved boogie boarding….

IMG_2523 IMG_2530

My little goofball!!

IMG_2567 IMG_2564

IMG_2560

at the resort…

IMG_2577

IMG_2578

IMG_2583

BBQ with Grandma & Grandpa!

IMG_2589

Whale Watching~

We went Whale watching trip from Dana' Point. It was beautiful and amazing!!

We didn’t see any whales, but we did end up being surrounded by hundreds of dolphins. They said we were in a nursery pod, with many babies and young ones. They were jumping and diving!

What I loved is how they would swim ‘up and down’ in group, and you could see them all swim out of the water at the same time. It was so neat to see them playing.

Here is Kacey and Grandma.

IMG_2598

As we first started riding out into the ocean, Cambree (...and me) felt kinda queasy.

Cam was nervous, and the boat was pretty rocky. But once we saw the dolphins, she forgot all her fears and said "the dolphins made it all better".

IMG_2605

My camera got a little foggy….

IMG_2633 IMG_2632

The boat had a little lookout down below, but when I went down I felt sick, sick, sick!! IMG_2645

IMG_2659 IMG_2625 IMG_2657

DISNEYLAND!!!

We only were there one day, but we had a blast. Yes it was crowded, but there were a few rides that had no line. And either way, just being there is good! Although we had to take out a small loan for lunch and dinner.

Cambree and Hunter weren't thrilled about the Roger Rabbit ride. Hunter didn't cry at all, BUT, he did keep his head down in his hands the entire time ! IMG_2708

Toon Town City hall. The sky looks fake, but it's not! IMG_2709

The big TOOT toooooot! scared Hunter a little.

But he liked waving "Hi" to all the people.

IMG_2699

Thunder Mountain was a favorite, for sure!!

IMG_2691

The bright pink shirts made it easier for me to keep an eye on everyone. IMG_2692

In Mickey's house, waiting in line to go see him in his studio!

IMG_2712

IMG_2715

HUGS!!!

IMG_2716

Jungle Cruise had no line at all!!

IMG_2729

ooooohh, an elephant!!!

IMG_2734 IMG_2733

It's a Small World was most definitely Hunter's favorite ride.

Tons of "ooh's and aah's" the whole time.

IMG_2765

No lines on this ride either. Unexpected for June.

IMG_2768

Hunter with Grandpa.

IMG_2780

Last day at the beach. This was Aliso Beach.

IMG_2800 IMG_2812 IMG_2803

Thank you grandma and Grandpa Hansen for a wonderful vacation

with memories to last a lifetime.

PS-- there are a couple videos if you click 'older posts'.

(Disneyland and Dolphins)


11 comments:

Carroll Family said...

WOW!!!!!!!! That looks incredible!!!!!!!!!!!! SOOOOO fun!

Liz said...

Oh my goodness that looks like it was a ton of fun!!
You got some great pics in there.
I love the face on Hunter pointing at the eleaphant on the Junge Cruise ride.
That was such a cute idea to dress all the girls up in the same shirt at Disneyland I bet it was easy to find them.
So you glad you had such a great time.

salena said...

that looks like the best vacation, i'm sure you miss it! & that hotel you stayed in was sweet!

Shauna said...

Oh my!!! Looks like a wonderful vacation! Love all the pictures and especially the idea of the bright colored shirts at Disneyland!

Now back to reality, huh?

Jen B. said...

What fun! We all need a great summer vacation. Pictures are fun. The beach pictures make me want to go back to Hawaii. I guess you'll have fun planning next trip.

Katrina said...

Looks like you had a great vacation! I love Newport & the Balboa fun zone brings back so many memories from when my kids were little. I am missing the beach so much too!! Great pictures!

Kristen said...

Your pictures ROCK! I love the ones of Hunter on the boogy board! I'm so glad you had soooo much fun! The weather in California can't be beat can it?

Mindful Mothering said...

What a great trip! Looks like you are all doing well :-)

The Chan Clan said...

I am actually sitting down going thru blogs this evening. So glad, I made a stop on yours, made me smile. Your little guy is a cutie! I didn't like the Roger Rabbit ride either. :o) Miss you guys!

Martinez Family said...

Awesome pictures!! I'm so jealous!! :( We didn't make it to CA this year - - hopefully we will next year! I love the beach & could live there... if I didn't have naturally curly hair & if there was no humidity that is!! ;)

The Mann Family said...

What? You didn't want to put a bright pink shirt on Hunter too?! Ha, ha. Cool pictures, sounds like a fun vacation. I guess it's been awhile since I've looked at your blog. Been good to catch up. your kids are getting so big!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails