So this morning I was getting the kids breakfast, and decided to make them some toast.
Seems simple enough! Well, while the bread was toasting, I popped on the computer for a minute (which is not more than 3 feet away from where the toaster is). Then all of a sudden Kacey is yelling, "Mom! Mom!! Help!!!" So I turn around to see what the big deal was, and I saw flames! She had stuck a paper towel into the toaster while it was on, and was now holding the flaming paper towel by a corner. I started smacking the flames into the counter with my hands until there were only little black flakes of burnt paper flying around. I might have been screaming a little bit, too. No, I didn't get burned, but I was shaking for quite a while after that. Luckily our house is still standing, and I'm just glad that I hadn't gotten into the shower yet. That coulda been bad! Oh, and no, I didn't have time to snap a photo!!
7 comments:
That is so scary. Good thing nobody got hurt and the house is still standing. Love the new look.
That's what happens when we mom's go to the computer. Our children take advantage of us not paying attention to them.
Too scarey!!!
Your so lucky that the fire didn't spread! That would have been horrible, I'm just glad you guys are all OK! =0
Life is never dull with kids that;s for sure! Had fun last night, we will have to do that again.
Linette
How scary Tina!!! I'm glad nothing bad came out of it.
Okay, super cute little guy. Kinda of sad I haven't met him yet. But what a cutie!!! And scary fire incident, it's moments like those that keep me awake at night. I start doing the what if scenarios. Glad it all ended well!
By the way, your blog is looking super fun!!!
Post a Comment