January 11, 2010

Happy New Year!

We had a wonderful Christmas season, and enjoyed time with family and friends. But oddly enough, I don't have any pictures from Christmas this year! I always take pictures of everything, but this year I didn't. I think I just focused on the moment more, and not getting a good picture or two!
I am also thoroughly enjoying the gorgeous weather we are having right now.

I have grown to love January, and that it is a time for me to clean up all the Christmas messes and decorations, and start fresh, and set goals for myself. I try to keep them basic, but ones that i sincerely am going to work hard to accomplish. One thing I have been doing lately is listening to the conference talks on the computer while I clean or do dishes. I love when I find gems that make the light come on again in my head. I wanted to share two of them that i found today. I hope you all have a happy fulfulling 2010!!

When our wagon gets stuck in the mud, God is much more likely to assist the man who gets out to push than the man who merely raises his voice in prayer—no matter how eloquent the oration. -Uchdorf

“It is not enough to want to make the effort and to say we’ll make the effort. … It’s in the doing, not just the thinking, that we accomplish our goals. If we constantly put our goals off, we will never see them fulfilled.” ~ Monson

5 comments:

nancy said...

Love this quote! Sometimes I need a swift kick in the butt to accomplish goals...

Jennifer Wheeler said...

This pic of the kids is SO adorable. That is a great quote by Uchdorf. Wise words. Thanks for sharing.

Shauna said...

Thank you for the inspiration!

Very cute picture of your adorable kiddies! Hunter is HUGE!!! :)

Kyle and Sarah said...

I love those quotes! Thanks for sharing those thoughts...I needed that! By the way, I love your header pic...super adorable!

Me and my boys said...

Love the picture...Ally looks really great there!!!
Love ya tons!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails